Friday 8 December 2017

Start of purascharana four

Hari Aum.

I started my fourth purascharana yesterday. I am doing 11 malas a day for this purascharana as with the previous ones and expect that, by God's grace, this should be completed in about 22 months.

I am planning to write three further ebooks to complete the story of the life of Lord Krishna in the Bhagavatam in the coming months. Therefore I am not going to increase the amount of malas beyond 11 a day at present (I was considering this previously).  My Guru says that any form of remembrance of God whether chanting His names, reading or writing about Him is auspicious. I find that my spiritual life feels more balanced with a combination of practices including japa and also reading and writing about Him.

 Furthermore I hope that I am contributing something useful to society by writing these concise books on the life of Krishna. A number of the books already published are good but they are often rather lengthy and less suitable for busy people with a lack of time. I hope that the concise books I write will help people with a shortage of time to access the key spiritual teachings of Lord Krishna and hopefully inspire them to, one day, read the entire scripture in the original.

I plan to start writing the next ebook sometime in the next couple of weeks and hope to have this ready to publish within two months. This will be about the next phase of Lord Krishna's life as a married householder and ruler of Dwaraka. I am looking forward to reading and writing about this - writing on this subject is a very good educational experience for me.

Hari Aum Tat Sat


2 comments:

  1. Vishnupriya ji Pranaam!

    Thanks for writing this wonderful blog.

    I am also doing Mantra Sadhna. Incidently I just finished[yesterday] a Sankalp of 5 Lakh recitations of a Ganesh Mantra which I picked from the book 'Japa Yoga' By Swami Sivananda.

    So it is interesting that the next day upon completion I stumble upon a Mantra Yoga blog by disciple of Swami Sivananda.

    I have read a few posts & have downloaded your ebook. Plan to read it shortly, would then share my thoughts.

    I am currently working in a software firm and am based out of Delhi.

    Best regards
    Vipul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vipul ji,

    Pranam! Very nice and inspiring to hear of your japa sadhana! Most wonderful to hear you also found inspiration in the book Japa Yoga which also inspired me.

    Wish you every success in your mantra sadhana. Hope you find the book interesting and enjoyable.

    Best regards,

    Vishnupriya

    ReplyDelete