Wednesday 6 December 2017

Balakrishna book 1

Hari Aum.

It has been about eight weeks since I completed purascharana 3 and I will be starting purascharana 4 tomorrow on the auspicous Guru pushya yoga day.

The past five weeks have been very busy for me. I have been reading the life of Lord Krishna in the wel-known ancient scripture, the Srimad Bhagavatam. I then wanted to re-tell the story in a concise way for those who would also like to know about Krishna but currently lack the time to read the whole story in the original scripture.

I have therefore written my first book on the life of Lord Krishna as described in the Bhagavatam. This describes the childhood of Krishna upto eight years of age. I will be writing three further books to complete the entire story of Krishna in the Srimad Bhagavatam. The life of Krishna is filled with teachings of deep spiritual significance.

 This book is dedicated to my Guru, Swami Sivananda, who was a great devotee of Lord Krishna, and who is my inspiration to keep walking on the spiritual path.

 Therefore, I have decided to post this book on the Amazon website and will donate all funds from the sales of this towards the work of the charitable hospital run by my Guru's ashram in Rishikesh, India. I have worked at the hospital myself and have seen the genuine service that the doctors there provide to the poorest sections of society. The hospital provides free medicines, investigations and surgery- they do not charge patients for anything. It is a privilege for me to be able to support them in any way that I can. I have been making an annual donation to the hospital and will add any proceeds from the book sales to this.

I am therefore sharing the book here in case it is of interest to any readers. This book contains some very valuable spiritual teachings, especially on bhakti yoga, the path of devotion. A free sample can be downloaded from Amazon.

The book can be read either electronically as an 'ebook '- for this, readers will need to download the free Amazon 'kindle app' on to their computer/tablet/phone/electronic device. Alternatively, it can also be read as a paperback.

The book is available on Amazon (both ebook and paperback) in a variety of countries and I am sharing some of these here for the convenience of readers.



Amazon India

https://www.amazon.in/Balakrishna-life-Krishna-Srimad-Bhagavatam-ebook/dp/B077Y4Z3RM/ref=redir_mobile_desktop/259-6084780-2983614?_encoding=UTF8&keywords=srimad%20bhagavatam&pi=AC_SX118_SY170_QL70&qid=1512575797&ref_=mp_s_a_1_43&sr=8-43


Amazon USA

https://www.amazon.com/Balakrishna-life-Krishna-Srimad-Bhagavatam-ebook/dp/B077Y4Z3RM/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&dpID=51BgpnI6nOL&dpPl=1&keywords=balakrishna&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&qid=1512573756&ref=plSrch&ref_=mp_s_a_1_1&sr=8-1

Paperback

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1973508885/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1513466670&sr=8-2&keywords=balakrishna+vishnupriya


Amazon UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Balakrishna-life-Krishna-Srimad-Bhagavatam-ebook/dp/B077Y4Z3RM/ref=redir_mobile_desktop/260-0810217-3047331?_encoding=UTF8&dpID=51BgpnI6nOL&dpPl=1&keywords=krishna%20book&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&qid=1512517598&ref=plSrch&ref_=mp_s_a_1_7&sr=1-7


Om Sri Krishnaya Namah
Om Namo Narayanaya

Hope you enjoy reading the book. I certainly enjoyed writing it (though it took quite a bit of work!).

Hari Aum Tat Sat

P.S.  I have tidied up this blog a bit today and removed some posts that were relevant when I posted them but are less so currently. I hope this will make for a better experience for those who read this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment